Having trouble cleaning a piece of furniture? Are stains and spills messing up your office or house? Worry no, we got you covered. These guidelines will help you deal furniture maintenance
Each piece of furniture comes with instruction from its manufacturer. The information can be found on the purchase tags or warranty.They give details on the type of cleaning products to be used on different items. The quicker you get the stains out, the quicker you avoid damaging the furniture.
Tips on our furniture care guide:
Newline Furniture use MDF(Medium Density Fibre)Board on our desks,workstations, conference tables, reception units, storage units etc.
MDF Board is more durable than a lot of hard woods but it does not withstand from stains and damage from moisture and heat. You should take the same precautions in cleaning a MDF Board as you would for any type of wood furniture.
- Cleaning the MDF Board use a slightly damp cloth to spot clean (if needed). Wipe dry with a clean dry cloth
- The outside of the MDF board is hard(laminate/melamine finish) but the inside layers are soft. Handle the edges and corners of furniture with care to prevent damage.
- The leather pads on the desks and conference tables clean using a damp cloth, gently wipe any dust and debris. Make sure to get in the cracks where the leather meets the wood.
- For genuine and vinyl leather sofas/chairs, remove any excess spills with a damp cloth. Then saturate a soft brush or cloth with a cleaning mixture made with a mild liquid soap and water. Rinse your furniture with clean water and dry.
- Fabric seat covers use some damp cloth to clean the seat. In case its stained,use some laundry detergent with hot water and dampen the stain with it.Then use a towel with cold water to rinse the detergent off the seat and scrub the stain away.
- Mesh Backrest, Rub a damp, soapy cloth over the mesh and later dry it using a dry clean cloth.